Friday, May 10, 2013

What friday night means to a mom....

Once upon a time the arrival of friday night, means no stress, no work, sleeping till noon, and partying with friends. At this time of the night I was in route to a club or party, I had no baby hips and was dressed to impress. My dolce and gabana perfume leaving a trail as I walk through the doors, the night was mine to enjoy. Now at 32 the only party im attending is the occasional birthday party, and friday night means a repeat of thursday lol. The most excitement I encounter is, grocery shopping by myself. Heck most days I feel accomplished if I went tinkle, and showered without an audience. Not exactly party central, but our priorities shift. Suddenly most of the stuff I considered important, are so very irrelevant to me now. So while a great portion of the world prepares to party, I will be watching the peaceful princess that is my night sleep. Tomorrow if im lucky i'll sleep past 8 am, and be thankful im not sporting sunglasses and a hangover migraine. 

Mommy's priorities are right where they should be, and if I ever question their importance I know a 5 year old whom will jolt me into reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment